Thursday 23 February 2012

In the making...


Took me a while from my first post but here I am. Perfect moments like this when Jan gave up to his afternoon nap, camera is at hand, I have a good light and offcourse my knitting on my lap - they don't happen very often. My plan is to capture some of them to share.
Sooo... on my needles today is jumper -to-be for my oldest son. It tok me quite some time to find a right yarn that is 
1) red, but not just plain red
2) at least aran weight
3) without any pink orpurple in it
4) in general suitable for nearly 10-year old.
Not an easy task. But I'vefound it. It is Sirdar Click Chunky in Wild, very soft and very quick to knit. the colours are just lovely, lots of red but balanced with blues and a touch of a pale green. The jumper will be knitted in knit-5-purl-2 rib, with raglan and three buttons at the neck. 
I actually started it in stokinette stitch with k2p2 rib but it didn't feel right, it wasn't hip enough. So I did a very brave thing: I ripped all the back and half of the front and started again. And for me that is an achievement, uusually I would either finish it against my will and hate it or just put it away for a few weeks, months, years... All the time feeling guilty for spending money on useless yarn and not finishing jumper for Bartosz. But I am back on track  and I feel epic :D. I just hope it will block nicely and won't be too close fitting :/.


No comments:

Post a Comment