Tuesday 6 March 2012

For my daughter

I had this yarn for over a year, nearly two years actually. I bought it in Poland in April 2010 (!). It's called Oliwia, 20% wool, 80% acrylic, DK. Lovely colours, perfect match for jeans, and because of constant colour changing it is fun and quick to knit. I wanted something simple but not boring so I made cabled panel on the front.



I always try to minimize sewing up so I knitted the front, the back and the sleeves up to the armpits and then put it on circular needles and knitted in the round. Then I only had four straight seems: on the sides and on the sleeves, with very little weaving in.




You can see my passion for detail in matching the rib to the cables - it took some counting, the rib is not always 2 by 2 but I am very happy with it. As I am with the look of decreases with a little matching cable :)




And the best thing is that Zuzanna is wearing it all the time since I finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment