Friday 14 June 2013

Blanket is being finished

A few months ago I started a blanket for our bedroom. I just had to despite long list of other things that should be made first. But I was cold, and I thought I could use all these odd balls of yarn that mysteriously grown in my stash.
I decided to go for "solid granny square" which isn't very 'granny' at all but I wanted this blanket to be quite thick. I. Only needdd 165 squares.
I started slowly, square after square, colour after colour... Soon it was obvious that I am going to need a lot of new colours.
Fiona from my knitting group showed me a fantastic way to make a sampler to carry around: you just make tiny squares and put them on a stitch holder:



It was so easy to match another colour to the ones I had before that I ended up with 23!!


Now all my 165 squares are finished. It feels strange... It was a perfect project to carry around and this is probably the reason I made them so quickly. I made a spreadsheet to track my progress and it even calculated the percentage of completion.


Can you see a 100% at the bottom?
Now I only have to so al these squares up...

No comments:

Post a Comment